During the 19th century, Frasco was already a small but important crafts centre serving the entire valley area thanks to its brick-yards, oil mills, sawmills and a few windmills…which were all lost in the floods of 1868.
After the flood, the mill of Corippo and the power plant and mill of Frasco – which have been recently restored – were built. The mill had two grindstones and a bread oven, mainly for corn meal and rye. In the beginning, energy was supplied by the hydroelectric plant of Verzasca, then the Frasco power plant came online, only to cease operations in 1959.
Open from the 1st of May until 31st October, every Saturday from 15.00h til 17.00h.
adults CHF 2.00
from 6 to 14 years: CHF 1.00
under 6 years: free of charge
groups (10 persons min): CHF 30.00
Guided tours on request by calling tel. +41 (0)91 746 17 77.