This church houses the valley's most valuable frescos, painted in Gothic style, going back to 1350 and attributable to Giovanni Baronzio of Giotto's Rimini school. It used to have a really beautiful alter in carved timber, which has now become part of the collection in Basel Museum. Next to this church is the building that served as the valley's first school. It was founded in 1644 by a certain Gada of Brione, who was the imperial governor at the time. Its façade is decorated with a large painting from the same period, showing the Virgin Mary, Saint Charles and Saint Francis and with an inscription commemorating its founding.