The Sanctuary of Madonna del Sasso is located on top of a giant rock hill overlooking Locarno. The founding of the sanctuary goes back to a vision of the Virgin Mary by the Franciscan Monk Bartolomeo d'Ivrea in 1480. Besides the sanctuary there is a convent, the church and several chapels located along the old Via Crucis. The Piety Chapels are located in the courtyard under the porch of the sanctuary.
Guided tour for groups
Season: open all year round
Duration: 1 h
Max. people: 25
Guide: please book a private guide
Our website, that is dedicated to the organisation of events, has a list of numerous offers and valuable addresses: www.ascona-locarno.com/conventions.
- Guided tours