Ascona-Locarno Tourism Verified partner Explorers Choice
Bosco GurinPhoto: Alessio Pizzicannella, Ascona-Locarno Tourism
With several access (and exit) points along the route, you can plan each stage at will, from one hut to the next, to suit your particular needs and interests.
TREKKING MAGGIORE not only lets you follow a totally red and white trail while enjoying the beauty of this region, but also provides an overview of its many special features: restaurants, handicrafts, local produce and a choice of accommodation. The goal is for hikers to experience the local way of life to the full.
Rest stopsGiovanibosco Ostello
Mountain hut Alpe Arena
Mountain hut Salei
Palazzo Gamboni - swiss historic hotel
Rifugio Corte Nuovo
Rifugio al Legn
Alla Capanna, Monte Comino
- Trekking backpack (approx. 50 liters) with rain cover
- Comfortable and sturdy footwear, second pair of shoes / sandals if necessary
- Adequate and durable outdoor clothing in multiple layers
- Change of clothes,
- Telescope sticks
- Sun and rain protection
- Snacks and drinking water
- First aid kit
- Mobile phone
- Travel documents
- Toilet bag and travel towel, travel detergent and clothesline, camping equipment if necessary (tent, sleeping mat, sleeping bag, cooking equipment), hut equipment if necessary
- Show images Hide images
- 4 Stages
The trail starts in the centre of the picturesque Walser village of Bosco Gurin and heads west towards Grossalp.
At 1,405 m a.s.l., Cimalmotto is the highest hamlet within the Municipality of Campo Vallemaggia.
After reaching the alpine lake, Lago della Cavegna, the trail takes you back down, towards Alpe Porcaresc. Here a modern structure sells excellent ...
The Corte Nuovo refuge is an unmanned structure, suitable for an overnight stay. In the morning you head off for Brissago.