Remarkable remnants of bygone days
Situated in the old heart of Maggia, the oratory has stained glass windows by Emilio Maria Beretta and gilded bronzes by Remo Rossi. The building consists of a baroque chapel extended in 1936 and restored in 1968 with the addition of new elements.
Next to the oratory is a monolithic trough approximately four metres long, where cows used to drink on their way to and from their grazing meadows.
The old heart of the village retains numerous vestiges of bygone days.